Monday, January 19

Bangkok 1.19


The light to turn right turned green. Right around the corner from Khao San Road, Bangkok. The driver of the taxi turned and as I looked to my left, a car seemed to be going quite fast while heading straight toward us. It all happened in a moment.
After seeing where the car ended up, I was surprised we weren't in a much worse condition. The window that my head and hand smashed against was opaque and luckily it was not broken.

The car spinned about 3 times and surprisingly did not flip over. I picked up my phone which fell to the floor and walked out. Only my nose was bleeding. The taxi driver's shrieking voice is still in my head, as well as the last thing I remember Thomas saying, "Jesus fucking Christ".
From nowhere, an Italian woman took over, told me to sit down and with a soothing voice told me she is a trained massager and knows where the pressure points are to stop the bleeding. I sat and thought at that moment how much I wanted to talk to Vivian, just to hear her voice....

No comments: