Friday, September 12

Another Typhoon 9.12


I got sent home early today. The government issued a warning to cancel all classes at schools and have everyone go home. So far it's just been raining on and off although a while ago it really poured. I was hoping it would be delayed and classes Monday would be cancelled but there's still time for that.
One of the other things in Taiwan is the receipts you get from everywhere, any store, they all have a number on the top of it. Every few months there is a lottery for one of the numbers and you can win some big money. Some people I've talked to have won too so I'm keeping every receipt now. I found this out after a couple of weeks here...unfortunately after I threw a bunch of them out. Now I keep them in a jar...and I'd like to keep filling that jar and see what happens. I've already decided that I'd quit my job and move to Thailand for a stint if it's a substantial amount....

1 comment:

tonight at noon said...

that would be sweet if you won a big chunk... maybe you could afford to take me with you... or maybe just send me to london... :D