Sunday, September 21

Getting to know it 9.21


I'm realizing more by the day how much Taipei is westernized in a way that doesn't damage its own culture. There is an area near Taipei 101 that has an amazing coffee shop/pub/dj/restaurant bar. I was thinking when I was there that if somebody comes to visit that I'd take them there. I would even say that it's just as or even more 'developed' than Seoul.
Yesterday I had some Japanese food, Taiwanese and Mexican Quesadillas...ones that are much better than the ones you get at Geckos Pub in Seoul, if you've ever tried them there. Thomas, the guy I work with and I, went to this great pub for watching ALL sports but on a Saturday they have the football games on, and I mean ALL of them. You can easily watch 3 or 4 games at a time. A great place. And by the way, Gerrard was robbed!!!
I met a couple of guys there, one of them who works as a Marketing Consultant for 7-11s in Asia and his son is working for an Aerospace company in Holland. We talked for a while and he said to me,
"If I were you, I would learn the language here...it will benefit you for the rest of your life!"
He also added,
"It's only advice if it's taken."
So, I'm going to take his advice.....

1 comment:

tonight at noon said...

yeah man... learning that language will afford you a great many things in the years to come... could be the preparation for the second half of your life... more fun than ever could be had with such acquisitions.