Monday, October 13

4 Days in Bangkok 10.14



I woke up on Thursday in Bangkok. The main purpose of my trip was to get my visa renewed. I got all of that done on Thursday because Friday was a holiday at the Taiwanese embassy. Thai food is great and I made sure I tried as many of the foods as possible while I was there. On Thursday night I met May and her friends Nom and Nong. We went to a night market and then to a huge outdoor cafeteria area where they had some bands playing and football being shown on the bigscreen behind them. Got myself a couple of knock off Liverpool shirts as well!



Friday was great too and we had some great food, saw the University and the big football stadium where all the international games are played. Went to a great place at night too, the people I met were so friendly and the music was live and good, mostly English songs including Amy Winehouse. Took a ride in a Tuk Tuk, rode a few of the really old buses, with no a/c, just wide open windows. The driver of the Tuk tuk was a bit crazy although we got to our destination ok!



On Saturday, May and I and her friends went to the floating market and walked around. Hard to believe it was still sweltering hot in October, even throughout the evening! We went through a small village and basically just hung out, trying some local food and enjoying the atmosphere of a traditional part of Thailand.




A very surreal weekend to say the least...

No comments: