Sunday, October 5

It's Official 10.5


I will be going to Thailand and going to make a nice little vacation out of it too! To be honest, I was trying to plan a trip there anyways because it's a long weekend here. Also trying to get the school to pay for the flight or at least part of it because it really wasn't my fault and the school really didn't know what they were doing. They will show their true colors about the situation and maybe make a quick decision of whether to stay here or not. To be honest, I really like Taiwan, the food, the people and the friends I have made. The school is a different story. They are demanding in a ridiculous way, wanting us to work on weekends sometimes, taking parents sides and not sticking up for the teachers. I actually feel sometimes they think I have never taught before. They sometimes ask for my advice and then don't even do anything about it! Why even ask me?
When it comes to marking the kids work, they expect us to check and sign every page, a bit ridiculous really. They ask for advice and do something the opposite and it is really getting on my nerves.
I am trying to just do the work I have to do, making sure the kids are having fun and learning at the same time, what I have been doing for years in Korea and a few months here.
"We have our first exam and a lot of teachers will be looking forward to seeing the results, so please make sure the students get enough review for the exam." One of the many silly things I hear every day....
Ofcourse, I thought, you think I want them to fail?

This should be a nice vacation and well needed....

1 comment:

tonight at noon said...

annoying... that mean you might be heading back this way? fucking brilliant if you are... though i hope it works out and you're able to stay. keep me posted.